Thursday, August 16, 2007

Does my hair whorl make me look gay?

I may have asked some really "out there" questions before, but this may not be so far out there as it may seem. And really, it's less about looking gay than it is that may have to do with being gay. Weird, huh?

Here's the deal, apparently there might actually be some science to Gaydar and New York Magazine recently had a very interesting and detailed article on that very topic. Things like the direction of hair whorl, density of thumbprint, finger proportions, and hand dexterity might actually be specific to sexual orientation. Who would have guessed that gay men are more likely to have a counterclockwise hair whorl? I have to give author David France credit for once placing a personal ad describing himself as "gay-acting/gay-appearing" in stark contrast to the typical ad seeking "str8-acting." (I'm so over all those str8-acting gays…you're not so str8-acting when you're getting double penetrated by two power tops!) But now it would seem that vocal patterns and physical gestures may not be the only things that outwardly hint at orientation. But what could this newly discovered biological uniqueness mean? It raises some very important moral and ethical questions to say the least.

I won't spoil the rest, it's such a great article that you should read it for yourself. (Yes, that's the last link I'll put in there for it.) And when I said it was detailed, that's another way of saying it's much longer than a typical blog entry so give yourself some quality time to read it.

6 comments:

  1. Are there more references to DP's by power tops in the article?

    ReplyDelete
  2. to quote an awesome movie called mysteries skin "I hate when they look like tarzan & sound like jane" it was a very very awesome article I was suprised by the ideas that it had in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, Whiskey, I don't believe the actual article has any references to any sort of penetration that I can remember. But I hope you'll find it interesting anyway. You'll always be MY power top. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey msftfan! Mysterious Skin is a good movie, always excited to hear that other people have seen it too. I'm a fan of Joseph Gordon-Levitt since Third Rock from the Sun and can't wait until The Lookout arrives from Netflix. Have you you seen Latter Days by any chance? He had s small part in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG LATTERDAYS totally awesome movie.. i think he should have had a little large part... i actually have a little crush on him... another movie I loved was transamerica.... very awesome movie :-D but it really has nothing to do w/ the rest of the conversation but thought i would bring it up :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Transamerica was really good. And I loved the Dolly Parton song. But who doesn't love her, right?;) I'm tempted to buy it; I've only ever seen it on Netflix, though I had it for like 3 months so I could watch it several times.

    ReplyDelete