Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Hope for humankind?

Not when there's press releases like this.

While I was raised Christian, and even served in our church for several years during high school, it's people like these that have raised severe questions in my faith. I'm so tired of the double standards. I'd call myself an atheist but since it seems like the majority of the population equates atheists with devil worshipers (seriously, buy a dictionary!), I'd do best to settle on agnostic. The doctrine I follow couldn't be simpler ... live and let live, be nice will doing it, and do no harm.

I feel ill just thinking about how this is going to turn into a media circus for the next week or two and give these hateful and hate-filled bigots yet another soapbox to preach their poison from. I just want to go home and crawl back in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment