Friday, October 31, 2008

Finally on vacation

Single Rider Tour 2008part one in a series

It seems that I'm lucky to get one vacation a year these, uh, years. My last vacation being nearly one year ago this month. But whereas last year I went all out and hit up Hawaii and Vegas in the course of 10 days, this year I've had to scale it down a bit. Namely, 3 SoCal theme parks in 5 days. Last year all of my time was spent with other people, hardly a moment to myself. This year's trip is called "Single Rider Tour 2008" meaning I'm going to (mostly) solo. I'll be dropping in on my buddy, The Writer, towards the end of the tour at his gracious invitation to crash at his place and save some of my dough rather than wasting it on cheap motels. He's not too big on thrill rides apparently so our hanging out time will be kind of limited (unless it rains on Sunday, in which case I might scrap my Magic Mountain plans).

And beginning tomorrow, Saturday, I have to publish 30 posts in 30 days as part of NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month). I'm going to be pretty pooped after long days of relentless roller coastering, and maybe even a little bit nauseous, but my access to internet seems much better than it was in Hawaii so I don't believe I'll have to resort to posting via iPhone over the Edge network (ie: the speed equivalent of grass growing). I was hoping to be able to include photos from my trip in my posts, but as luck would have it, one of my camera uses a proprietary USB transfer cable and wouldn't you know I can't find it anywhere and it's not something that is easily purchased. Maybe I can find a Target or Best Buy and rustle me up a multi-card media reader.

Alrighty. Dinner from Mimi's Cafe is all cleaned up, as is the mini bottle of crappy wine from the gift shop (though I am feeling more relaxed so I guess it wasn't all that bad) so it's time for bed so I can scramble to get my ParkHopper ticket bright and early in just a few hours. Yay!

See you tomorrow, or later today!

No comments:

Post a Comment