Friday, June 13, 2008

Why aren't you eating this: Tofutti Cuties Mint Chocolate Chip

I've been addicted to these for quite some time. Dairy and I don't always get along so having such a delicious non-dairy frozen treat that tastes BETTER than many of the dairy varieties is a dream. I've enjoyed all the basic flavors of the Tofutti Cuties, but I have to say that the mint chocolate chip is my hands down favorite. They're also just the right size, which is good when you're trying to improve portion control in your eating habits. Then again, because they're so small, it's almost too easy to rationalize having a second or third in the same meal. (Don't tell anyone but I may have polished off and entire box in a single day before.)

I first became familiar with the wonder that is Tofutti because back in the day I was addicted to getting veggie sandwiches at Noah's Bagels and they used to offer Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese as a spread option. It was magical! In fact I stopped eating at Noah's when they stopped offering it.

My local TJ's (Trader Joe's) sometimes carries the basic flavors of the Cuties, but for the supremely refreshing Mint Chocolate Chip I have to slum it Safeway. The sketchy one away from my house. One day soon I hope to try their fancier flavors such as peanut butter (which could become my new favorite, I love PB that much!), Coffee Break, and key lime pie. Oh boy, I'm getting hungry just thinking about 'em!

So there you have it. I've awarded them my special "Luv this!" rating and suggest you go out and find some as soon as possible or your life will always feel like it's missing something.

1 comment: