Friday, June 27, 2008

You. Must. Go. See. This. Movie.

I don't mean to build up expectations for it, but Disney/Pixar's WALL•E may just well be the best movie of the year. That's right, I'm predicting that every other movie this year will not surpass WALL•E, because it has more heart, soul, and flat-out emotion than any movie I've seen so far this year. And I've seen a lot of them. Sure, I'll give you that Iron Man is still the movie to beat as far as Summer flicks go, but ultimately WALL•E far and away wins the big race. It may not have the gorgeous visuals of Finding Nemo, nor the whimsey of Monsters Inc., but where it might lack in those areas, it makes up for in its ability to grab a hold of your heart from the very beginning and never let go. The most emotionally investing and emotionally satisfying Pixar movie so far. Stop reading this, check your theater listings and then GO SEE THIS FILM!

Oh, and the short film serving as an appetizer to WALL•E's main course is equally wonderful. Pixar is at the top of their game. I'm so relieved that they are still living up to their mission that story is king.

1 comment:

  1. i am soo glad you liked it.. i was able to see a pre release on tuesday.... i loved it...it grabbed my soul and wouldn't let go... :-D thanks for the wonderful review

    ReplyDelete