Tuesday, September 30, 2008

His side, your side

Here am I as always, still quietly standing in the background, patiently observing the both of you. Together. Indivdually. Impartial to the best of my ability. The confidant to both, though only full-time to one. I envied the bond you shared to the point I questioned its validity. Maybe it was my fault he began to question it too.

He asked me if he was doing the right thing. I told him he was, that he deserves to have balance, security, and happiness. And the only way he'll ever achieve that is by taking control of his life and surrounding himself with the people that foster those needs. In reality, I told him what he wanted to hear, which I hope is also the truth.

Part of me wants to intervene, to ask you how you could be so oblivious about what was going on. But having to ask the question at all provides the answer at the same time. I know it's not your fault. Or his. In the end, you are both moving in different directions. Be happy your paths overlapped and look forward to the time they might cross again.

That's all the wisdom I can impart for now. Good luck you two.

No comments:

Post a Comment