Sunday, November 2, 2008

Always Remember...

Single Rider Tour 2008 -- part four in a series

...to make sure you unplug and take your laptop's power adapter you before you check out of your hotel. Otherwise you'll end up like me and typing this on your iPhone. Thank goodness for the App Store, I was able to find a lightweight app to help me keep on posting. Unfortunately now all my pics are stuck on my powerless laptop and I won't be able to upload them until I get home.

Today was a good day. Slept in (bed was too comfy, and I was exhausted) so I didn't get up to Magic Mountain until noonish. Which was fine because the park was pretty empty. Being a single rider didn't matter much as the lines were so short that the longest wait was only 20 minutes, and that was for the mind-blending X2, which left me questioning if my brain and body could withstand much more coaster riding. A quick trip on an old favorite put away any concerns and I wound up riding 7 coasters in 3 1/2 hours. By the end, I was really starting to feel the effects of all the g forces.

Ah, yes...but now my single rider tour is coming to a close. After 3 days packed with theme parks, people, and thrills, tomorrow I swing to the opposite side and chill out with a little quiet culture at the Getty Villa.

Well, it's nearly time for bed. Not sure what time I'll need to roll outta here, but my guess is it'll be the same time The Writer has to head out for work. Betty told me about a great breakfast place on the way up to Malibu I might be able to check out if I get on the road in time.

See you tomorrow.

Posted with LifeCast

No comments:

Post a Comment