Sunday, November 2, 2008

Like a nun spinning around on a mountain top...

Single Rider Tour 2008part three in a series

That's how I'm feeling right now. Dizzy. Clearly I've overdone the thrill rides in such a short amount of time. Maybe the rain that moved in over Knotts Berry Farm early in the afternoon was a sign for me to call it a day so I could recover enough to be fresh and ready for X2 on Sunday. The two coasters I did squeeze in were decent, but nothing to write home (or here) about. I'm curious to see how they stack up against the other rides from this trip. Rest assured that I'll be churning out comparison charts as soon as I'm home.

Today did hold a couple treats. First, I had lunch at the famous Mrs. Knotts Chicken Dinner Restaurant. It was a lot of food for a very reasonable amount of money. And the chicken...so moist and juicy. It wasn't very crispy but it was certainly delicious.

My second treat was reconnecting with a friend from the good ol' days back in SF. The Writer was generous in his offer to let me crash at his place while I'm down here. We went out for dinner tonight and it was so fun to catch up as well as reminisce about the past. It's been a couple years since we've hung out, but we picked up where we left off as if no time had passed at all. I'm very fortunate that I have people like that in my life.

Alright, it's late and I'm exhausted. Relaxing vacation is an oxymoron for this trip. Time for bed. Pray for Sunday sunshine!

2 comments:

  1. Fortunately no, but I did have to lay down for little while until the spinning stopped. With as much food as I shoveled down at Mrs. Knotts, that would have been quite a mess going in reverse.

    ReplyDelete