Sunday, April 15, 2007

Grindtownhouse

That's much too cleaver a title for this post. But oh well, I'm wrapping up my Bloody Mary tilt and don't really care.

So I finally laid down "the law" as it were and explained to the housemates that we need to clean up our act. More specifically T-Snake needs to clean up his act, but so that it wouldn't come off as we were ganging up on him, I included all of us. He really didn't seem that excited at the prospect of having to keep the bathroom clean. BIG SURPRISE there, huh? No was he very thrilled to be reminded that, according to the lease, he was responsible for cleaning the carpet in his room once a year. To be honest, I was surprised at the carpet cleaning clause myself, I don't remember adding it, but can't remember if LawDepot.com had it in there by default. Either way, it's a good thing and is long overdue.

To make it as easy for the roomies, and the minimize excuses, I bought all the cleaning supplies they'd need to keep the bathroom "three-star hotel clean." T-Snake was trying to get me to downgrade it to Motel 6 or lower quality, but I held my ground. He tried to convince me that he's lived in far dirtier conditions and didn't mind. Yeah, his bedroom! Str8 boys can be sooo gross. Fortunately, Carlos was in agreement with keeping the bathroom clean which helped to keep T-Snake's moaning to a minimum. I just hope that Carlos doesn't become the sole cleaner of the bathroom.

We'll see how it goes. Anyone want to start a betting pool?

I have yet to tackle the specific issue of T-Snakes funky room. And by funky I mean it smells like mix of hell, death, and weed. I really hope that steam cleaning the carpets will help. I'm not expecting much. Ultimately it's a matter of changing behavior, and that's far more complicated. T-Snake only wants to do thing his way and puts up noise or just plain drops out when things don't go his way. Case in point…

Last night Carlos and I had set up the previous week as the night we would go see Grindhouse, the Rodriquez/Tarantino double-feature homage to exploitation/b-movies, and at the last minute, Carlos wanted me to invite T-Snake. Confused by such an oddly timed request (we had about an hour to get to the theater) I asked and unfortunately T-Snake said yes. But he wanted to go out to a steak dinner first. We just weren't going to have time to go before the movie but planned on hitting up TGI Fridays afterward. We had a video to return on the way, per our original pre-T-Snake plan. T-Snake was adamant that we get food first and return the video later. Logic only exists for T-Snake when it's in his favor. He was pissing and moaning about not going out for steak and a martini (the fucker added a martini to his list of injustices when we were on the freeway) all the way up until the movie started. This morning Carlos and I compared notes and cemented our realizations that T-Snake is completely self-centered and does not stop to think about others whatsoever.

And his behavior is the same around the house. T-Snake doesn't stop to consider how he impacts life here. And he sure as hell doesn't stop to consider how the actions of Cuntessa impact us. Someone that self-centered will be hard to get better behavior from. The entire meeting he just had this look on his face and body language of, "Fuck, don't you realize that you're asking me to participate in cleaning?! You're being a dick by asking me to do stuff I have no desire to do because I'm a coddled OC-raised brat." So having a one-to-one conversation about how he maintains (or doesn't maintain the room he's renting is going to be reeeeeally interesting. It will no doubt become a huge debate and excusefest. And that'll be before I bring up Cuntessa's not being welcome in the house. Then it'll just become ugly.

I can't even begin to tell you how much I'm looking forward to not having to deal with roommates anymore. Patience… patience… patience… all in due time.

For those looking expecting Random Queeriosities this week, guess what… I really didn't have many unanswered questions nor queeries from the past week. Shocking, no? There's still some unanswered stuff from past weeks, though, so feel free to look back at the list and see if you can offer some sage advice or stabs in the dark at them. Sorry to disappoint. If you're lucky, I'll have a really fucked up week and you'll have some real gems to ponder with me next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment