Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"Good news, everyone!"

Yesterday marked the return of Futurama! Of course, it was on the direct to DVD release of "Futurama: Bender's Big Score" but still, good news indeed. I won't spoil anything by posting details of the plot here, but I will say that it's filled with tons of references to the original series so fans of show will enjoy the winks and nods the writers added in. I found 1 easter egg in the DVD menus, but there might be more; I haven't explored everything yet. Overall, the pacing felt a bit off, probably because of the feature film length story, so I'll be really curious to see how it translates into the return of the series to TV (on Comedy Central some time in 2008. Oh and there are 3 more direct to DVD movies coming soon! Apparently the DVD that Best Buy is selling has a bonus disc with exclusive previews of said future Futurama movies, but I say save yourself the misery of shopping at Best Buy and just go pick up the DVD at Target or any other retailer selling it.

And now, until the censors at YouTube take it down, you can watch the extended trailer for Bender's Big Score the was exclusively shown at Comic-Con 2007. Enjoy!



---

Worst thing about today: Had a hard time sleeping, woke up feeling exhausted.

Best thing about today: One of the pieces of an x-mas gift basket I've been assembling since this summer just arrived today, and it's going to be a really awesome and surprising addition to the basekt. Or should I say pitcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment