Sunday, November 4, 2007

What the Chuck

So I'm spending a little quality time with my significant other, TiVo Series 3, watching a new show for the Fall 2007 season called Pushing Daisies. For those of you not familiar with this slice of visual deliciousness, you owe it to yourself to either pop on over to ABC.com and watch an episode or two on demand. Or you could TiVo it. Sorry, got a little distracted. Like I was saying, I'm watching Pushing Daisies and pondering what on earth my 4th entry in the NaBloPoMo will be. It was bad enough that Betty challenged me to find the time to participate. Wait, where was I? Oh yes, watching Pushing Daisies, thinking about the blog, and loving that the writers of the show have a female character named Chuck. Of course, that's just the beginning of the delightful quirks in this Tim Burtonesque show that I'm worried may not be able to fully develop the ratings it deserves as it's quite unlike anything else on television. Ever. But having just read that ABC did pick it up for a full season, I'm a little reassured that fans of the show will be able to enjoy it for at least 20+ episodes.

Chuck. Hmmm... that reminds me of something I saw on YouTube a few months back and bookmarked with the intention of commenting about this find, but never did. Until now. Some of you may already be familiar with the laugh riot known as What the Buck on YouTube staring the hysterical Michael Buckley who provides sassy commentary on the disasters known as Hollywood starlets and starlosers. Love him or hate him, he's right on the money. And since imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, there's a vast array of Buck wannabes just lurking in the shadows of his spotlight. One of them, CriscoZ, caught my eye, not only because he's absolutely adorable and dare I say hot, but because he's a redneck, and we all know that rednecks are the cousins of us white trash Americans, and also not above dating/marrying/humping cousins or other relations. He did a bit called "What the Chuck" which is a parody of Buck if Buck lived in Alabama. While "Chuck" might not be quite a funny as Buck, it's entertaining nonetheless. Plus did I mention that he's adorable? Something about him stirs me all up in side and now I just want to get him buck-nekkid and Chuck him. Or he could Chuck me. Either way, with a name like Crisco, it would be some real good an' slippery, red neck and trashy Chuckin'.

So, without further ado, here's Chuck.

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I came over from NaBloPoMo. I'm challenging myself to comment on as many blogs as possible this month as well as post.

    I've watched a few episodes of Pushing Daisies through the ABC home page. I'm still not sure what I think of the show. Some parts of it are highly entertaining, but others seem to drag. I hope it sticks around, though, as it is a one of a kind show, and there really aren't enough of those out there.

    Happy Posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Zee, thanks for the comment. I have been enjoying Pushing Daisies, and I have to agree with your assessment that with all the entertaining parts come some not so entertaining parts. But the creative whimsey and eye popping art direction keep me coming back for more each week. (Not to mention the Lee Pace is real easy on the eyes...) Not sure how long it will last, but it seems that all too often the more unique a show is, the less likely it will survive on network TV, no matter what the critics think. Here's hoping that this daisy will survive to see another year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a ton for the shout out and the slick compliment. I just ran across your blog. Thanks for posting up my vid. Your blog is pretty cool :)
    -Crisco

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap! The Crisco found — and commented — on my blog? I'm honored! And now just a wee bit nervous and self conscience. Of course that still won't stop me from including you in my Celebra-crushes web-celebs edition, and no doubt making a damn fool of myself in the process. I go with what I'm good at.

    Anyhoo, keep up the great videos on YouTube. Hope the call for stories you has given you plenty of material for future videos. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be interested in seeing out-takes from your "Getting Ready…" video, especially the shower scenes ;)

    See ya 'round the interwebs, Crisco!

    ReplyDelete