Thursday, November 1, 2007

It's getting hot in year.

Ok, be honest, who out there thought that I, like so many other novice bloggers, had given up on the whole thing? Fortunately (I think) for you, I have not, but have just been so consumed with work (working 10-14 hour days, 6 or more days a week) and the home remodel that by the time I get home, I barely have the mental capacity to do more than throw something in the microwave and force myself to stay awake while eating.

That being said, Betty has semi-challenged me to get my ass in gear and get something posted. Everyday. Do you know how much brain thinking stuff that requires? Apparently the month of November is National Blog Posting Month. And if the month of November looks anything like this...



...it's going to be a very, very good month. Suddenly I'm feeling very inspired.

So the whole Mormons Exposed calendar might be old news by now. I saw something about it on CNN a couple months ago and filed it away in my topic scrap book for later posting. (Something tells me that I'm going to be using up that scrapbook this month to meet the one-a-day quota.) I suppose that some might see this calendar as controversial, but it's for a good cause such as Care For Life, Salvation Army and Habitat for Humanity. Even if you aren't religious, surely you can appreciate a fine male physique and supporting an equally fine charity.

But there's a dilemma in the world of men getting nekkid for a cause calendars. Do you go Mormon? Or mortician? That's right... hunks and coffins. Such an obvious pairing! Actually, I think I'm experiencing some very localized rigor mortis right now, better find a good undertaker to, uh, under, er... take... OK, my brain has run out of innuendo and euphemisms for the night so I'll stop there and move right into a cover shot of the Men of Mortuaries calendar which is supporting KAMM Cares, non-profit organization that places money directly into the hands of persons going through breast cancer treatment.



Go on and buy it. You know you want to. Hell, buy both! One for home, one for work. Straight boys, you should buy the mortician one. "WTF, Kenny Ray?! Wouldn't buying a calendar of half nekkid men make me gay??" Not at all! Here's my bulletproof logic: straight boys like boobs ... the money raised goes to help boobs ... buying a calendar proves your love of boobs. See? Totally logical. So straight boys, go buy a calendar. And if you really want people to not think you're gay, try doing a better job keeping dicks out of your mouth, and elsewhere. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Oh yeah, GKR is back.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome first NaBloPoMo post!

    I think I might draw some attention from the hot finance guy I have been crushin on if I have nekkid men hanging in my cubicle?

    Wrong kind of attention?

    ReplyDelete