Monday, November 12, 2007

Pass the octopus - a late night bonus post

Just got back from sushi and teppan with my bro-in-law and his younger brother. I get the feeling they don't go out for sushi as i do, or maybe it's just that the sushi place we went to had a "if you don't already know what it us, just order the California roll" menu, but somehow someone ordered an appetizer with octopus in it. I had always worried that octopus would be the one ocean creature that would trigger my gag reflex, but this was grilled with a savory pesto garlic sauce and was surprisingly delicious. The large sake didn't hurt as I ended up chowing down on the majority of the 'pus. Anyway, i think I'm now ready to apply for the Amazing Race and successfully make it through the "local delicacy" Road Block. The resturant was chic, the food good (but many dishes seemed overpriced) and the service (tonight) was borderline nonexistent, and from what I overheard from other tables, we weren't the only ones that thought so. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the resturant, but will add it when I can confirm it. Ok, time for bed.

1 comment:

  1. Octopus in Pesto?
    That actually sounds super yum!
    Can you put some in your suitcase and bring it back for me?

    ReplyDelete