Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I <heart> sushi

Being that I'm white trash, I know this sounds odd. I could eat sushi ever day. I don't know how or why I came to have an almost insatiable appetite for (mostly) raw sea life, but I don't really care to find out. The stuff is just gooooood. It's always a little disappointed to find out that others don't like it—though I think it's because they've never tried it or never had really good sushi—and do my best to try to convince them otherwise. Heck, once we found a place that will use soy wrappers in place of seaweed-based wrappers even Hooters found she loved sushi!

When I found out that Guitar Hero was going to be in town and that he loves sushi I had to get as many of the BettyFest 2007 players together for a mini reunion of sorts. GH should have been with us in Vegas but as sometimes happens, things just didn't work out. After determining that the BF crew has a universally loved sushi place we set the date. That date was today and I'm writing this after returning from it.

Many of the major players were there: Whiskey, Jack D, Guitar Hero, yours truly, and Betty. Wait. Betty wasn't there. Betty bailed. Betty flaked. Betty has very good drunk-texting skills which has us questioning if she really was too wine-soaked to drive. (Love ya Betty, but I have to give you a hard time 'bout that one.) It was great to see the guys again. And it was especially great to see GH. There's just something about him that you can't help but want to hang out with him. He's just a really special guy. Down to earth, funny, enthusiastic, and cute as a button. I think he's kind of the male equivalent of Q. Ok, ok, I'd better stop singing the praises of GH before my power-top, Whiskey, gets jealous.

Well the sushi was excellent, the guys were a blast, and the night was over far too quickly. We'll have to do this again sometime. Soon. And in Vegas, we need to get GH to Vegas.

2 comments:

  1. GH is way over due for a trip to Vegas. And you're right, he is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really to drunk to drive! I write for a living - of course my text skills are spot on regardless of my blood alcohol level!

    ReplyDelete