Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Nerd alert!

True to my word, I'm posting something NOT depressing. And finally something that comes from my inner geek. And I'm racing against the clock because Lost starts in like 15 minutes… 16… 23… 42… Other nerds will get that. If you don't, thank your lucky stars.

This is not so much a confession as it is an exclimation. I love my TiVo! So much so that I have two. I love them both, but I do have a favorite… my high-def Series 3. In fact my old Series 2 TiVo is now just referred to as "The Old TiVo" around the house.

My love for TiVo is so strong, that I think that if I'm not allowed to marry a man in my lifetime, I hope that I'd at least be able to marry my TiVo. The Series 3 Tivo, that is. I'd continue to see my old TiVo on the side; a "friends with benefits" sort of thing. Not that I'm into, recommend, or condone open relationships. Maybe that's why I'm still painfully single? Hmmmm… now I'm wondering if I have the whole polygamy thing wrong. I think I could do TiVolygamy, but I don't want to have to move to Utah, or take on a religion.

As much as I love my TiVos already, recently Amazon announced a partnership with TiVo to allow Amazon's Unbox video downloads to be sent directly to a TiVo. And TiVo owners get a $15 credit just for signing up, which translates to 4 or 5 movie rentals or an entire movie. I have to admit it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I rented Hitchcock's Dial M for Murder and had it uploaded to my Series 3. The image quality was close to that of a DVD, but this particular movie was cropped for pan-and-scan and really would have benefitted from being letterboxed or 16:9 anamorphic widescreen. The image also suffered from a weird strobing effect when the camera panned left or right, which may actually be an artifact that comes from TiVo or my TV upscaling the picture. The rental process was so simple and fast, it makes me wonder about future of companies such as Netflix. And I love Netflix too!

Ok, I've only got a couple minutes left. Although I guess I could let TiVo start recording Lost and then start watching 20 minutes into it and skip past the commercials. I might even have enough time to squeeze out one more post. See, yet another reason why I love my TiVo.

By the way, typically the links in my posts are not ads and I do not receive compensation for you clicking on them so please feel free to click away! And believe it or not, I do not work for TiVo. Really. I pinky swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment